Home Care Clinical Decision Tools App Published
SAI Group published the “Home Care Clinical Decision Tools” in the form of an android app to be used by home health professionals to help guide and inform practice. The program includes the following features:
• Full-text article search by keywords streamlined by home care disciplines (nursing, physical/ occupational/ speech therapies, and others) and disease/ condition
• Information about the condition and treatment options to facilitate patient and clinician education
• Care pathways focusing on care transitions to help reduce avoidable re-hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
• Teaching and training to facilitate patient self management
• On-call nurse decision tool
The program/ manual was authored by Joe Wells, OTD, OTR/L; Neeti Wells, MBA, OTR/L; Murthy Gokula, MD, CMD; Jennifer Badia-Ranker, MSN, RN, CNS; April Eades, LPN; Kelli Winters, RN, and Brittanie Shue, RN. The software was designed by the University of Findlay computer science department’s Prof. Heda Samimi and students- Lindsey Lauer, Austin Jones, Saleh Sultan Alsultan, and Jay Link.
- Date: May 2, 2013